Loop Bus

Miraiza Osaka Jo

The 1931 Miraiza building, built around the time of the reconstruction of Osaka Castle main tower, was originally a military facililty functioning as the headquarters for the Imperial Army 4th division. After the second world war it saw usage as offices for the Osaka City Police and Osaka Prefectural Police and from 1962 until 2001 as the Osaka City Museum (which moved to the south west corner of Osaka Castle Park).

Recently the building underwent extensive renovation work and since 2017 houses restaurants, cafes, souvenir shops and performance spaces. For people visiting Osaka Castle main tower, Miraiza is the nearest location for drinks and souvenirs.